Beyond the Ghetto Gates Book Tour
Right now, my in-person book tour is posted as it was planned, with postponements and cancellations noted. So many people have stepped up to help authors in my predicament promote via social media – and I’m grateful to them all. I’ve listed those events, with links, as a new Social Media tour below, and noted events taking place via Zoom. Hoping everyone stays healthy and safe in this crisis!
Social Media Tour
- March 23 – Five Questions with Michelle Cameron – Clea Simon’s blog
- March 27 – Murphy Writing Seminars Virtual Reading, link to video
- April 4 – Reading “And the People Stayed Home” together with other authors launching books now, for the Jewish Journal
- April 7 – Readers Coffeehouse
- April 7 – Launching a Book in the Time of COVID-19 – Lisa Romeo Writes blog
- April 8 – She Writes Press KEEP CALM AND READ ON Spring Virtual Book Tour with Girly Book Club
- April 12 – Why I Write blog post – Christi Craig’s blog
- April 15 – Interview with Laura Zam on Twitter’s #bookpartychat at 3pm.
- April 26 – First Chapter Fun on Hannah Mary McKinnon’s Facebook and Instagram Live @hannahmarymckinnon. If you missed it, listen now via Facebook Live or on Youtube.
- May 1 – Author takeover of Wild Sage Book Blog
- May 31 – Featured as Morris County Library’s Author of the day.
- One of Women Writers, Women’s Books Recommended Reads for June.
- June 17 – Interview with Loretta Goldberg, in anticipation of the June 30 Published Authors event at the NY Chapter of the Historical Novelists Society.
- June 23 – An interview on Dead Darlings, which is holding a Virtual Book Tour for authors whose tours were cancelled due to the pandemic.
- July 2 – An interview in Womenscape.
- July 6 – An interview with fellow historical novelist, Susanne Dunlap, on her blog.
- July 28 – An interview with Heidi Slowinski on her blog.
- August 11 – “Coronavirus and Living in a Historical Novel” on A Writer of History, M.K. Todd’s blog.
- August 31 – From the Library of Caprice Garvin
Radio & Podcast Appearances
- The Book of Life BOOKS IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS podcast
- Dropping in with Diane Dewey, where I talked about Beyond the Ghetto Gates.
- Writers Voices, talking to the mother-daughter team of Monica Hadley and Caroline Kilbourn.
Talking with fellow historical novelist Susanne Dunlap on her new podcast, “It’s Just Historical.”You can access it in several ways:
Via Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/its-just-historical/id1522202312
Online via Overcast: https://overcast.fm/+ebRvRYrfw
- Online via Susanne’s podcast website: https://www.itsjusthistorical.com
Zoom Book Talks
- September 23 – Bernardsville Library, Bernardsville, NJ – 7pm
- October 2 – TGI Reading with poet Courtney LeBlanc, memorist Michelle Morano, novelist Natalie Bakopoulos, and poet Karen Neuberg – 8pm
- October 18 – White Meadow Temple, Rockaway, NJ, 2-4pm
- November 10 – Mandel JCC Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 10am
- November 12 – NCJW West Morris / Morristown Jewish Center Beit Yisrael Sisterhood, 7pm
- December 1 – Bender JCC of Greater Washington, Rockville, MD, 12pm
- December 3 – Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey, Paramus, NJ, 7pm
- December 6 – 69th Annual Detroit Jewish Book Fair, Detroit JCC, Detroit, MI, 11am
- December 7 – Congregation B’nai Israel, Scotch Plains, NJ, 7:30pm
- December 15 – private book club, 7pm
- January 21, 2021 – Congregation Beth Chaim, Princeton Junction, NJ, 7pm
- February 24, 2021 – Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, FL, 9am
- February 24, 2021 – Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, FL, 1pm
- February 25, 2021 – Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, FL, 12:30pm
- March 23, 2021 – private book club, 12:45pm
- April 20, 2021 – Temple B’nai Or, Morristown, NJ, 7:30pm
- April 15 – She Writes Sisters Eileen Sanchez and Michelle Cameron in conversation about Beyond the Ghetto Gates via Zoom.
- April 23 – Book Club Meeting at JCC of Staten Island, Staten Island, NY, 12:30-2pm
- April 28 – Behind the Book Interview at Chester Library, 2:30pm
- May 5 – Book Talk at the International Friends Club, 10am-noon
- May 5 – Book Talk at the Gold Coast Library of Glen Head, NY, 7pm
- May 12 – Book Talk at the West Orange Public Library, West Orange, NJ, 7pm
- May 13 – Book Talk at Congregation Beth Torah, Florham Park, NJ, 7pm
- May 19 – Book Talk at the Marlboro Jewish Center, Marlboro, NJ, 5:30pm
- May 24 – B’nai Keshet Book Club, Montclair, NJ, 6:30-8:30pm
- May 28 – private book club, 7:30pm
- May 31 – Congregation Beth Ohr , Old Bridge, NJ, 1pm
- June 4 – Congregation Shirat Hayam Book Club, Marshfield, MA, 4pm
- June 9 – private book club, 4-6pm
- June 16 – Temple Beth-El, Hillsborough, NJ, 7:15pm
- June 24 – Between Friends Book Club, 7pm
- June 25 – Temple Sholom of West Essex , Cedar Grove, NJ, time TBD
- June 30 – NY Historical Novelists Society Program – joint program with Mary Calvi and Julieta Almeida Rodrigues, 6:30-8pm
- July 9 – Temple Emanuel of the Pascack Valley,Woodcliff Lake, NJ, 8pm
- July 13, Temple Sinai, Summit, NJ 8pm
- September 9 – JCC of Metrowest, West Orange, NJ – 1pm
- September 10 – Temple Beth Jacob, Concord, NH – 7pm
- September 13 – Temple Hatikvah Sisterhood, Flanders, NJ – 11am
- September 15 – Sharon Hadassah, Town & Village Synagogue., New York, NY, 1pm
- September 16 – Happy Bookers book club, 7pm
In-Person Tour Cancellations & Postponements
- April 14 – Meet the Author at the Closter Public Library, Closter, NJ – POSTPONED UNTIL THE CRISIS IS OVER
- April 19 – Launch Party at MONDO, Summit, NJ – CANCELLED
- April 22 – In Conversation with Dara Horn at The Book House, Millburn, NJ – POSTPONED UNTIL THE CRISIS IS OVER
- April 24 – Shabbat Speaker Series, Temple Shalom, Aberdeen, NJ – POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT YEAR
- April 26 – Book Talk at Beth Haverim Shir Shalom, Mahwah, NJ – POSTPONED UNTIL THE CRISIS IS OVER
- April 30 – In Conversation with Nancy Bilyeau at Shakespeare & Co. 939 Lexington Ave, NY – CANCELLED
- May 3 – Congregation for Humanistic Judaism Kalal Chaverim, Randolph, NJ – POSTPONED UNTIL FALL
- May 14 – Book Talk at Temple Israel of The City of New York, – POSTPONED UNTIL FALL
- June 12 – Congregation B’nai Israel, Basking Ridge, NJ – POSTPONED UNTIL THE CRISIS IS OVER
- September 12 – Panel at the Montclair Literary Festival on “Writing Jewishly in an Age of Rising Antisemitism,” with Erika Dreifus and Mitchell James Kaplan, Johanna Ginsberg of the New Jersey Jewish News moderating – POSTPONED UNTIL MARCH 2021