Beyond the Ghetto Gates Book Tour
“We all are so appreciative of your time energy, enthusiasm, and willingness to share yourself with us. Thank you is so insufficient.” – Florida Book Club Participant
I have greatly enjoyed talking about Beyond the Ghetto Gates with a variety of book clubs, educational groups, Sisterhood groups, and more via Zoom visits to all parts of the country, and am eager to extend the conversation both online and in person. Use the Contact form to reach out so we can arrange a meeting.
- October 1 – Collingswood Book Festival, Collingswood, NJ
- November 5 – The Writers Circle/Chester Public Library Authors Day, Chester, NJ
- April 15 – She Writes Sisters Eileen Sanchez and Michelle Cameron in conversation about Beyond the Ghetto Gates via Zoom.
- April 23 – Book Club Meeting at JCC of Staten Island, Staten Island, NY, 12:30-2pm
- April 28 – Behind the Book Interview at Chester Library, 2:30pm
- May 5 – Book Talk at the International Friends Club, 10am-noon
- May 5 – Book Talk at the Gold Coast Library of Glen Head, NY, 7pm
- May 12 – Book Talk at the West Orange Public Library, West Orange, NJ, 7pm
- May 13 – Book Talk at Congregation Beth Torah, Florham Park, NJ, 7pm
- May 19 – Book Talk at the Marlboro Jewish Center, Marlboro, NJ, 5:30pm
- May 24 – B’nai Keshet Book Club, Montclair, NJ, 6:30-8:30pm
- May 28 – private book club, 7:30pm
- May 31 – Congregation Beth Ohr , Old Bridge, NJ, 1pm
- June 4 – Congregation Shirat Hayam Book Club, Marshfield, MA, 4pm
- June 9 – private book club, 4-6pm
- June 16 – Temple Beth-El, Hillsborough, NJ, 7:15pm
- June 24 – Between Friends Book Club, 7pm
- June 25 – Temple Sholom of West Essex , Cedar Grove, NJ, time TBD
- June 30 – NY Historical Novelists Society Program – joint program with Mary Calvi and Julieta Almeida Rodrigues, 6:30-8pm
- July 9 – Temple Emanuel of the Pascack Valley,Woodcliff Lake, NJ, 8pm
- July 13, Temple Sinai, Summit, NJ 8pm
- September 9 – JCC of Metrowest, West Orange, NJ – 1pm
- September 10 – Temple Beth Jacob, Concord, NH – 7pm
- September 13 – Temple Hatikvah Sisterhood, Flanders, NJ – 11am
- September 15 – Sharon Hadassah, Town & Village Synagogue., New York, NY, 1pm
- September 16 – Happy Bookers book club, 7pm
- September 23 – Bernardsville Library, Bernardsville, NJ – 7pm
- October 18 – White Meadow Temple, Rockaway, NJ, 2-4pm
- November 10 – Mandel JCC Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 10am
- November 12 – NCJW West Morris / Morristown Jewish Center Beit Yisrael Sisterhood, 7pm
- November 18 – The Jewish Federation of North America Virtually Limitless Series: Our Shared Shelf NWP Book and Author Series, 8pm
- November 19 – Northern Virginia Hadassah Book Club, 7pm
- December 1 – Bender JCC of Greater Washington, Rockville, MD, 12pm
- December 3 – Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey, Paramus, NJ, 7pm
- December 6 – 69th Annual Detroit Jewish Book Fair, Detroit JCC, Detroit, MI, 11am
- December 14 – Temple Emanu-El of Palm Beach, FL, 7pm
- December 15 – private book club, 7pm
- December 17 – Brooklyn Public Library book talk and discussion, 5pm
- December 21 – Congregation Beth Israel, Scotch Plains, NJ, 7:30pm
- October 27 – Kol Isha and B’nai Torah Sisterhood Book Clubs, Boca Raton, FL – 7:30pm
- October 28 – Private book club, Dripping Springs, TX
- November 11 – Temple B’nai Israel, Basking Ridge, NJ, 7pm
- November 14 – Temple Beth Shalom – 10:30am
- January 6 – Sisterhood of Temple Beth El, Aliso Viejo, CA, 12 noon PT (3:00pm ET)
- January 18 – Quest Book Club, Interfaith Philadelphia, 7:30pm
- January 21 – Congregation Beth Chaim, Princeton Junction, NJ, 7pm
- January 22 – TGI Reading – 8pm
- January 27 – private book club, 1pm
- February 1 – Beth Tikvah Congregation Book Club, Chicago, IL – 7pm CT
- February 4 – Temple Israel of The City of New York, 7:30pm
- February 8 – Authors at Home, Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium (LMxAC), 7:30pm
- February 11 – Congregation Kahal Chaverim, 7:30pm
- February 13 – Virtual Story Slam/Literary Salon, sponsored by Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Summit, NJ, 7pm
- February 18 – Congregation Beth Israel, West Hartford, CT
- February 21 – Beth Haverim Shir Shalom, Mahwah, NJ, 1pm
- March 1 – Millburn LIbrary Fireside Book Chat, Millburrn, NJ, 7pm
- March 21 – Temple Beth El, Allentown, PA, 11am
- March 23 – private book club, 12:45pm
- March 25 – Women’s History Month panel, Brooklyn Public Library, 5pm
- April 20 – Temple B’nai Or, Morristown, NJ, 7:30pm
- May 10 – MakomNJ, Florham Park, NJ – 7:30pm
- July 19 – St. Mary’s County Library, Lexington, MD – 7pm
- August 14 – The International Napoleonic Society and the Napoleonic Historical Society: A Virtual Joint Napoleonic Congress, on the panel “Napoleon in Fiction: Jews, Blacks, Women, and Muslims” with Margaret Rodenberg and Sandra Gulland – 11 AM
- October 6 – Caldwell Hadassah, Caldwell, NJ, 7:45pm
- October 12 –Buffalo JCC Book and Arts Fair – 7pm
- January 24, 2022 – Congregation Lev Ha-Ir Book Club, Philadelphia, PA – 7pm
- February 15, 2022 – Temple Beth Tzedek Buffalo Women’s Network, Williamsville, NY – 7pm
- April 2 – B‘nai Keshet Kaplan Minyan Series, Montclair, NJ, 10:30am
- April 4 – West Orange Public Library Book Club – 1:30pm
- April 8 – Kent Place Parents’ Book Club, Summit, NJ – 8:30am
- May 21, 2022 – Keynote speaker at the Women Who Write annual conference
- May 29 – all day – Flemington Summer Book Fest, Flemington, NJ
- June 4 – 10am-4pm – Morris Authors Day at the Morris County Library, Whippany, NJ – speaking at 1pm on Historical fiction – how much is historical and how much fiction?
- August 6 – IABX Book Expo – Linden Public Library, Linden, NJ, 11am-6pm
- September 17 – New Providence Book Festival, New Providence, NJ
- September 20 – Wayne Public Library, Wayne, NJ, 11am
Radio & Podcast Appearances
- People of the Book with Meryl Ain.
- The Book of Life BOOKS IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS podcast
- Dropping in with Diane Dewey, where I talked about Beyond the Ghetto Gates.
- Writers Voices, talking to the mother-daughter team of Monica Hadley and Caroline Kilbourn.
Talking with fellow historical novelist Susanne Dunlap on her new podcast, “It’s Just Historical.”You can access it in several ways:
Via Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/its-just-historical/id1522202312
Online via Overcast: https://overcast.fm/+ebRvRYrfw
- Online via Susanne’s podcast website: https://www.itsjusthistorical.com
- March 23 – Five Questions with Michelle Cameron – Clea Simon’s blog
- March 27 – Murphy Writing Seminars Virtual Reading, link to video
- April 4 – Reading “And the People Stayed Home” together with other authors launching books now, for the Jewish Journal
- April 7 – Readers Coffeehouse
- April 7 – Launching a Book in the Time of COVID-19 – Lisa Romeo Writes blog
- April 8 – She Writes Press KEEP CALM AND READ ON Spring Virtual Book Tour with Girly Book Club
- April 12 – Why I Write blog post – Christi Craig’s blog
- April 15 – Interview with Laura Zam on Twitter’s #bookpartychat at 3pm.
- April 26 – First Chapter Fun on Hannah Mary McKinnon’s Facebook and Instagram Live @hannahmarymckinnon. If you missed it, listen now via Facebook Live or on Youtube.
- May 1 – Author takeover of Wild Sage Book Blog
- May 31 – Featured as Morris County Library’s Author of the day.
- One of Women Writers, Women’s Books Recommended Reads for June.
- June 17 – Interview with Loretta Goldberg, in anticipation of the June 30 Published Authors event at the NY Chapter of the Historical Novelists Society.
- June 23 – An interview on Dead Darlings, which is holding a Virtual Book Tour for authors whose tours were cancelled due to the pandemic.
- July 2 – An interview in Womenscape.
- July 6 – An interview with fellow historical novelist, Susanne Dunlap, on her blog.
- July 28 – An interview with Heidi Slowinski on her blog.
- August 11 – “Coronavirus and Living in a Historical Novel” on A Writer of History, M.K. Todd’s blog.
- August 31 – From the Library of Caprice Garvin